Mary L. Ford
Director of Human Resources928.368.6126 Ext. #1101Angelic RiesPayroll/Benefits
928.368.6126 Ext. #1112
Summary of Blue Ridge Unified School District Benefits
A Blue Ridge Employee who works a minimum of 30 hours per week in a permanent position is eligible to participate in Blue Ridge Employee Benefits.New Certified employees are eligible for Blue Ridge Benefits on the first day of the month following their official start date, while new classified employees are eligible on the first day of the month following their successful completion of their sixty (60) working days probation.Benefits Effective July 1, 2018.
- Kairos Medical Coverage -Blue Ridge Unified School District pays for eligible employees health insurance plan. The employee has the option to participate in the PPO health plan or the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). Coverage elected for spouse, children or family are available at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Delta Dental Coverage -The employee has the option to elect Dental Coverage. Coverage elected for employee, spouse, children or family are available at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- VSP Vision Coverage - The employee has the option to elect Vision Coverage. Coverage elected for employee, spouse, children or family are available at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Health Equity - Health Savings Account - To be eligible to open and contribute to an HSA, you need to be enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). The Health Savings Account allows employees to pay for qualified medical, dental or vision expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Basic Life Insurance – Basic Life Insurance offered through MetLife. Blue Ridge Unified School District pays for each eligible employee who works a minimum of 30 hours/week. The Basic Life insurance coverage is in the amount of $50,000. After age 65, the policy amount is reduced.
- Tax Deferred Annuities – Employees have the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in a 403(b) plan. You can participate in this plan by making pre-tax contributions and (if permitted by your 403(b) plan) Roth 403(b) after tax contributions as well as 457 plans. If you would like additional information please contact one of the approved vendors. All contributions are paid by the employee through payroll deduction.
- Direct Deposit – The Blue Ridge Unified School District strongly encourages employees to participate in receiving their pay check by Direct Deposit. Opting to direct deposit helps keep costs down on printing, postage and paper costs.
- Tax Credit Donation by Payroll Deduction – As a result of A.R.S. 43.1089.01, the Arizona Department of Revenue has issued guidelines which allow an income tax credit for contributions to extracurricular programs in public schools in the following amounts: $200 filing single, $200 filing married separate & $400 filing married jointly. If you would like to participate in the tax credit donation by payroll deduction please submit the Tax Credit Donation Deduction Form (found under payroll forms) to the Payroll/Benefits Department at the District Office.
- Arizona State Retirement System – Any employee hired to work a position for 20+ hours per week for more than 20 weeks are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System. For more retirement plan information please refer to the Arizona State Retirement System website www.azasrs.gov
- Long Term Disability – Sedgwick CMS offers Long Term Disability through ASRS. Coverage begins after a six month waiting period. Please contact Arizona State Retirement System for detailed long term disability information or review Sedgwick Employee Brochure Guide 7/15/11 (found below)
Blue Ridge Unified School District is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in relation to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin and disability. Anyone who has an allegation or discrimination complaint should contact the following compliance officer:
Mary L. Ford
Director of Human Resources
1200 West White Mountain Blvd Lakeside AZ 85929
928.368.6126 Ext. #1101